SEOUL, Oct. 10 (Yonhap) — A large amount of classified military documents, including the latest South Korea-U.S. wartime operational plan, were presumably leaked by North Korean hackers last year, a ruling party lawmaker said Monday.
Citing reports from the defense ministry, Democratic Party Rep. Rhee Cheol-hee said that the hackers broke into the Defense Integrated Data Center last September to steal the secret files such as Operational Plans 5015 and 3100.
OPLAN 5015 is the latest Seoul-Washington scheme to handle an all-out war with Pyongyang, which reportedly contains detailed procedures to “decapitate” the North Korean leadership. OPLAN 3100 is Seoul’s plan to respond to the North’s localized provocations.
Rhee said that 235 gigabytes of military documents were leaked with the content of nearly 80 percent of them yet to be identified. Also among them were contingency plans for the South’s special forces, reports …
READ MORE ON YONHAPNEWS.CO.KR