Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif made the remark at Oslo Forum on Tuesday in response to a question about the reason behind Iran’s confidence that Saudi Arabia was behind the terrorist attacks on Tehran which killed 17 people and injured dozens more.
“Saudi officials made some provocative remarks and actively threatened to take the battle inside Iran’s territory; this is a direct threat and very dangerous provocation by Riyadh. Saudi foreign minister also tweeted hours before the attacks on Tehran,” said Zarif.
The Iranian diplomat was referring to the remarks by Saudi FM Adel al-Jubeir on June 6, saying Iran had to be “punished” for what he called “its interference in the region.”
Just hours later in the morning of June 7, Iran’s parliament and mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini in Tehran were hit in near-simultaneous attacks claimed by ISIL. Last month, Saudi Defense Minister Mohammed bin Salman said he would take the …
READ MORE ON MEHRNEWS.COM