MANILA (AFP) – 
The man who set fire to a casino in the Philippine capital killing 37 people was a Filipino man with heavy gambling debts, and was not a terrorist, police said Sunday.
“We reiterate that this is not an act of terrorism but this incident is confined to the act of one man alone,” Manila police chief Oscar Albayalde told reporters after the man was finally identified.
Albayalde said the man was Jessie Carlos, 43, a father-of-three from Manila who had been banned from all casinos in April following a request from his family because of a gambling addiction.
“He is heavily indebted due to being hooked to casino gambling. This became the cause of misunderstanding with his wife and parents,” Albayalde said.
The masked man stormed into …
READ MORE ON FRANCE24.COM